Thursday, November 4, 2010

Somtimes

Sometimes I drive down the road near my house and look out at the beautiful countryside around me. The sun glitters in lighting up the rice fields in morning fire. Every morning starts with a cold shower followed by an hour of meditation and the day starts out minty fresh right after I brush my teeth. Today for the first time my teacher is out of the school so I will be teaching the middle school kids by myself. I prepared the lesson at the beginning of the week and presented it to the powers that be. They seemed satisfied and I'm eager to try out the game on my 3 classes of kids. It is a beautiful morning. Blue sky paints across Naraha blending in with the sweater of the sea. I walk in to my middle school to the song of Imagine by the Beatles ringing in the cool morning air coming through the school speakers. The kids are outside in full uniform standing outside and they greet me as I make my way to the entrance. Lately my lovely companion and I have stumbled across a scrumptious cookie recipe.
((((2 bananas are mashed mashed mashed in a bowl followed by two spoons of maple syrup and then 2 spoons of non-sweetened soymilk. Then one hefty spoonful of peanut butter is added to the mix ( use a big spoon such as a Tea spoon for spoons to be used.. good for stirring Tea as well! やぱりね!)yapari...ne (just as I suspected) and stirring commences. While that is under way a little vanilla extract is added and mixed as well cinnamon and any spice that tickles your fancy please さきにどうぞ (go ahead) sakinidozo... The dry mix takes up the other bowl and contains 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour and and 2 cups of dry steel cut oatmeal-- mix, mix, mix and then add to the wet mix and then mix, mix, mix. In Japan we don't have ovens and so I cook the cookies in my toaster oven at maximum settings (200 degrees). Make little balls with your mix and butter the pan with peanut butter. Pop them in and wait 10 to 12 minutes. Then eat preferably with a peanut butter banana soy milk smoothie! The design yields about 15 to 20 small cookies that go great with blueberry Jam as well.

))))))) :) All the ingredients are fresh as can be. The peanut butter "almond butter works wonders too" is organic the maple syrup is organic. The bananas come from Banana Trees... Ahhh to be a Banana Tree!!
- There is a macrobiotic grocery store in nearby Iwaki that my good friend James showed me a couple of months ago and I frequently visit and retrieve ingredients and morsels and drink tea that is offered. I'd like to live there I think. They have food from around the world there. Cookies from France, Bread from Germany, China, Thailand maybe too. This weekend I venture to Tokyo and visit my friend who is currently married too the Daughter of the grandparents who run the store. The world is small I know!! That is why we must all climb.

Good Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment