Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Frost on My Window

I woke up this morning to frost on my window. Just 17 hours ago I was sitting at the a table eating Cheese Nan and sipping beautiful tasty Chai. About 24 hours before that I was pumping my legs down the side walk by my house next to the street that leads to the local grocery store. At the store I hung a left and dashed through the parking lot. I have recently made a running loop that I do frequently that is short. When I do it I imagine myself as an Indy car or a fast bike taking sharp corners and then accelerating up the hills, weaving through the streets. I usually complete this loop twice and end back in my parking lot. When I finish it is unusually dark and the world plunges into a evening darkness. 10 minutes later I'm in the shower, water running, drain making gurgling sounds as water drops into the dark depths below, sometimes I think about where it goes, but not too regularly. About 15 minutes later I'm in my car idling at a stop light heading to Iwaki and that is usually how evenings start off.

No comments:

Post a Comment