Friday, March 5, 2010

Went Climbing!








A notebook and a pencil. I went biking today. The wind was blowing right after I started and so I switched directions and went the other way. It was warmer today and spring is creep'n in I can feel it. I love Japanese pencils and their little notebooks here. They are perfect. There is something to be said about a new notebook just the way it feels in your hand. It seems to speak possibility.

That was lunch today. Gosh it is good. That there is called Katsu Curry かつかれ. I eat at this little restaurant that's pretty close by. I love this meal with just a little Miso Soup too on a cold day mmm mm mm.

I sat right by that heater it was cold yesterday. Today it is much warmer. They put water on top to humidify the air. One day at school I lifted the pot up and was going to pour my self a cup of Joe. They quickly showed me it's purpose learn something everyday!
Here is class today. It was sunny sunny sunny. These are 2nd year students and the lesson was "shall I" Shall I open the window it's hot in here. I read that to them a whole bunch of times. Sometimes I pretend I'm a music conductor when they repeat the sentences back and move my hands like so...... I know you really can't see. They laugh and it's fun.


Here's my town and cute little cars. This road is called route 6. In japanese Rokunomichi.. or that's what I call it. I think they actually call it something else and laugh when I say that. It's pretty fun to say. In translation that would be equal to saying "road of 6" That's how it's constructed in Japanese. For instance if I were to refer to my house I would say "The house of John" and that is why Star Wars reminds me of Naraha sometimes... or one of the reasons...or Japan. I also visited a lovely climbing gym yesterday that was 2 hours away by car and it was raining cats and dogs and every time my car hit a puddle it surprised me! The road I drove on was called Nipapa and it's one of the oldest roads in the area. It's comparable to Independence Pass in my hometown except it's in Japan. The climbing was exquisite!

No comments:

Post a Comment