Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So Time

Wild times rocked wind shores of coastline. Right before my eyes taste sleep the winter of the noon sets in and mother closes her eyes I tell you these things. I returned from My Aizu Homestay and learned that while I was away another passed on. Aizu is known for its soba and so I figured he probably wanted to get to Japan and taste soba with me some way. My family was great. They are a kind welcoming family with a desire to eventually move to NewZealand. The father knows the English language quite well and owns his own taxi company. Their children were cute as all are and Kiko the wife was the yoga loving ski instructor that I hope to go skiing with this winter. They made homemade Umeshu (Plum Wine) which was dangerous the first night after wonderful Sushi. After my family became aware of my love for all food they were keen to test me I think. The second night I was offered namono......... which hops when it's alive and is really good for the diet of a pregnant woman. I ate it. Along with Basashi which originally gallops and some other dishes. The barbeque was very good and much food was cooked over the host fathers Webber Grill, which he told me he paid a fortune for and was really proud of. I roasted marshmallows as well. Time crosses the moments of eternity like a dove spreading her wings. That's what living by the sea is like. I had my first day of class today. They are so formal here in everything they do. It is very respectable. Lunch with the kids was great. Everything was so communal. No one eats until everyone is seated and everything is saved and recycled perfectly. All the kids clean there school as well. Every morning I have to bow about 30 times to say good morning to all the kids. I probably look like a big peacock. It really does make me dizzy sometimes. Here's some pictures. I now go to bed. Last night I went to a neighboring city to find dental floss. That is an item in Japan that requires a specialized store. "ohh dental floss well you have to go to big city for that" I waited for the train and watched spiders spin their webs. It was very entertaining. There are millions of them in Japan. You are not allowed to be afraid of spiders in Japan. they are not dangerous, but look it and I'm not sticking my business in their web to find out. They're huge. They know exactly the head length to put their webs. I watch all the Japanese people get off the trains and somehow the spiders keep their webs intact. I however, must duck. And that is how I came to watching spiders spin their webs. I also had a long time to wait for my next train.

No comments:

Post a Comment