Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dancing

What are people? What are we? Living here in this place gives me lots of time to ponder the world. I`m in a weird situation where I am interestingly removed from the world and yet not. I therefore have lots of time to ponder existence. What are we? I know that 23 years ago almost 24 years ago I entered this place. to put it into perspective I have now almost circled the sun 24 times and spun a whole bunch. I don`t think we are to find the answer to this question of what we are. The world is so old and universe is even larger and we are just a part of the story. It is amazing I feel that we coexist so sensitively with these things that we for the first time can ponder our existence. When say ``we`` I refer to us the human being and our ability. Let us not think too hard about these things because it confuses my mind whenever I think about them and I think it may do the same to you. The biggest part of living in another country is the fact that I am able to witness how people in another part of our world live. In many ways we live in very similar ways. In fact all in all the difference is so small. Every human in the world shares 99.999 % of the same stuff and yet we are different! That is precisely why I use the word ``sensitive`` to describe us. I have gotten somewhat used to life in the place where once my family of old thrived. I bow at every door take my shoes off when entering the school or my home and say certain Japanese phrases when leaving, after eating, or greeting a home. The fact remains through my learning and which I consider now is that people that live in different places and practice culture have lived in that particular way for a very long time. Everybody has a different dance. We all have a different dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment