Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I`m telling you now

So would you like to know what my life is like right now? Okay I will tell you. Right now I am sitting at my desk in an office. Most of the conversation around me I don`t understand. I am slowly picking it up. Yes I do feel like a dog. My ears perk up every time I hear the word food or something about the weather. My brain switches on and my mind forms an answer and I respond and ponder its presence. Sometimes it`s as though I`m in a dream. I`ll be driving down the road thinking regular thoughts and then I`ll glance at a Japanese sign and my reality goes into cartoon mode. I`m like that character that stops and holds up a sign that says ``what`` on it and looks at the viewer like a deer in headlights. Yes this does happen often and still does. Man if I asked you to pinch me just to make sure what I was living was real I would have one sore pinching sore spot! So what do you want to know? Do you want to know what I eat on a daily basis? Okay I`ll tell you. The other night, now having the driving ability I sped away to the nearby grocery store. Now in the U.S I still do get quite lost in supermarkets especially if I`m hungry. ``ohh that looks good, but wait that looks even better!.... what was that over there....I`m gonna go check that out. Yeah this happens to me in the U.S. Grocery shopping is an adventure everytime. In Japan however, a whole new level is added. Now I go around and ask ``hmmm is that fish or beef....and that looks like noodles, but are they? First I have to figure out what I`m going to eat, what I want to eat and then I have to figure out if I can actually cook it and then I have to decipher the Japanese language. The whole experience is mind dazzling! You should try it sometime. It would probably be pretty funny if someone followed me around a Japanese grocery store. Sometimes I just look in the bakery and pick out some item that smells really good and I have dinner right then and there in the grocery store. I think to myself ``you know what if I`m going to get out of this grocery store at all I have to eat something`` and so I do. Ohh mann I have to go to class. I`ll finish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment