Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thunder

The day is shaping up quite nice here in Naraha town. The sun is shining and a light blue sky brings in a gentle breeze from the ocean. Yesterday I awoke to a sunny humid Japan that I was familiar with. The ocean blue glistened and summer let me know it was coming. Later in the day rain poured again and the sky turned dark and thunder rolled a few times, but then a few moments later the blue weather peaked on through yet again and lit up the land in golden light. I pulled into my home after the festivities of the day and watched the leaves and water shake and drip for a while. It was one of those scenes where it was as if the whole world swallowed a mint and gave itself a fresh breath. I snapped some pictures of the scene and then retired to my home and wrote a song. Today everything is dry and it was actually quite cold this morning as I piled on two jackets and brushed my teeth. Later I greeted my 2nd year students and what I found interesting was that it was quite hard for them to distinguish the numbers 30 and 13 when I said them aloud. The `` thir de`` and the ``thir teen`` sound is hard to decipher and the other respective numbers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment